Pilgrim, 6 Ironmonger Row

These premises have been known by different names during their history:FROMTONAME
Palmers Rest
Pilgrim
?1936Pilgrims Rest
Photo Originally known by "the sign of the PILGRIM", by around the 1860s the name had become the Pilgrims Rest.



Pilgrims journeyed to various places throughout Britain. The hospices where they stayed overnight would originally have been religious houses. There was also a Pilgrims Rest in Lockhurst Lane. They came to pray to the many relicts contained in Coventry Priory.
Pilgrim
Street plan of 1851
Previous page:
Pickering's Vaults
This page:
Pilgrim
Next page:
Pilgrim Inn
Home | Contact us | Historic Coventry | Pub discussion on the Historic Coventry Forum
1,105,916

Website by Rob Orland © 2026