Bear and Staff, Princethorpe Way

Bear And Staff It was a modern estate pub that opened on 23rd July 1965. It closed in 2016 and was demolished in August 2024, to be replaced by flats and a convenience store.

This is a heraldic sign referring to the Warwickshire Coat of Arms, taken from the arms of Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (1428-71).

Previous page:
Bear and Boy
This page:
Bear and Staff
Next page:
Bedrock
Home | Contact us | Historic Coventry | Pub discussion on the Historic Coventry Forum
1,106,018

Website by Rob Orland © 2026